Who is Course Studio
Course Studio is a funded online education startup. We build products and partnerships with creators through an agency and product business.
Our agency works with the world's leading creators to create web experiences optimized for selling digital content, like courses, live events, memberships, and more. Our product business builds online education tools to help creators create better learning experiences for their customers.
About the Role
Course Studio is looking for an experience front-end developer to support the agency side of our business.
We build primarily across a variety of CMS, LMS, and eCommerce platforms, like Wordpress, Thinkific, Shopify, Contentful, and other
We look for team members who can explain their "why" and aren't shy about asking it themselves.
What You'll Bring
- You are inspired and driven to build modern, cutting-edge websites.
- You love to collaborate with and mentor other team members to help them realize their potential and deliver high quality work for our clients.
- You love design and are inspired to bring our creations to life with animation and dynamic components.
- You thrive on technical challenges and operate with a high degree of attention and care.
- Front-end web technologies, such as React, Node, Gatsby, as well as working knowledge of other server-side languages, including PHP and Liquid.
- Experience with modern CMS solutions such as Sanity, Prismic, or Contentful, in addition to working experience of the WordPress CMS and ecosystem.
- Experience with eCommerce, as well as user authentication.
- Knowledgable and experienced in applying best practices for general web development, accessibility, performance and security.
- Experience working with REST APIs and webhooks.
- Proficiency with version control and GIT.
- Ability to write and maintain high quality and well-documented code using software development best practices.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- A great team player who is motivated to collaborate and contribute.
- Experience working in a lean, fast-moving startup
- Experience with data tracking data and analytics systems (GA, MixPanel, Heap, etc.)
- Experience with SaaS learning platforms, like Thinkific, Teachable, Kajabi, Podia, etc.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Unlimited paid time off for vacation, sick days, and personal time as needed. We actively encourage team members to make use of this time-off policy.
- Flexible working hours and remote-friendly culture.
- Extended health care benefits.
- Opportunity to grow as the company grows.
- Exposure and learning between Agency and Product business units.
This is a fully remote position with team members located across Canada. As long as you have a stable internet connection and are available to be online during working hours in a North American time zone, you're welcome to apply regardless of location.