Education is changing. Be part of the movement.
About Course Studio
Course Studio is a funded online education startup. We build products and partnerships with creators through an agency and product business.
Our agency works with the world's leading creators to create web experiences optimized for selling digital content, like courses, live events, memberships, and more. Our product business makes tools for the emerging needs of the creator economy
This is a fully remote position with team members located across Canada. As long as you have a stable internet connection and are available to be online during working hours in a North American time zone, you're welcome to apply regardless of location.
About the role
Course Studio is looking for an experienced front-end developer to support the agency side of our business. The ideal candidate is inspired and driven to build modern, cutting-edge websites, who loves great design, thrives on technical challenges, and operates with a high attention to detail and care.
- Build websites across a variety of CMS, LMS, and eCommerce platforms, like Wordpress, Thinkific, Shopify, Contentful, and others.
- Create user experiences that leverage more than one platform or service, which requires strategic thinking and custom integrations.
- Collaborate closely with designers and project managers to make every detail come to life.
- Interface with clients to ensure their projects are delivered on time and with a high level of quality.
What we're looking for
- 5+ years of experience building public-facing websites using modern front-end web technologies, such as React, Node, Gatsby, as well as working knowledge of other server-side languages, including PHP and Liquid
- Experience with modern CMS solutions such as Sanity, Prismic, or Contentful, in addition to working experience of the WordPress CMS and ecosystem
- Experience with eCommerce as well as user authentication
- Knowledgable and experienced in applying best practices for general web development, performance and security
- Experience working with REST APIs and webhooks
- Proficiency with version control and GIT
- Ability to write and maintain high quality and well-documented code using software development best practices
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- A great team player who is motivated to collaborate and contribute
- Experience working in a lean, fast-moving startup
- Experience with data tracking data and analytics systems (GA, MixPanel, Heap, etc.)
- Experience with SaaS learning platforms, like Thinkific, Teachable, Kajabi, Podia, etc.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Unlimited paid time off for vacation, sick days, and personal time as needed. We actively encourage team members to make use of this time-off policy
- Flexible working hours and remote-friendly culture
- Extended health care benefits
- Opportunity to grow as the company grows
- Exposure and learning between Agency and Product business units